Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have black strings floating in my right eye, I year

Customer Question

I have black strings floating in my right eye
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I year plus..have had cataract surgery 2 years ago on both eyes..vision has been good
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Ra..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you have floaters in your right eye. Floaters can be normal especially if you blink and they move or disappear for a while. However, they may also be a sign that you have some vitreous fluid leakage from the retina (a slight retinal detachment). May I suggest a visit to your Ophthalmologist to have them checked. If it is a small detachment, it can be easily treated and any progression stopped before it becomes a major problem.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Have you arranged to have your eyes examined?