Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My wife,83 yr old awoke this morning with one eye very

Customer Question

my wife,83 yr old awoke this morning with one eye very bloodshot but without pain or itching. can you give any insight as to the cause? We have pred forte and tobradex if it is advised to use them
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: my wife,83 yr old awoke this morning with one eye very bloodshot but without pain or itching. can you give any insight as to the cause? We have pred forte and tobradex if it is advised to use them
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: there was no injury as far as I know. she is 83 and has a history of prolapsed mitral valve with associated arrhythmias. She is quite frail and has kyphosis and scoliosis
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

There can be number of causes, common ones include trivial injury or inflammation and infection. Since it is in one eye and is not painful. There is nothing much to worry about.I would advise her to wash eye with cold water and observe as it would be alright in a day or two. In case of any pain or itching see your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

I hope your wife is feeling better now.

Please let me now if you have followup questions.