Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have been having eye issue which was found out in week 4

Customer Question

I have been having eye issue which was found out in week 4 that it is conjunctivitis and my head started having pain near the eye and around the head on the side of the painful eye and then muscle twitching all over the body especially left arm and right leg. The pain spread to nose yesterday too on the right side and I felt stiff neck on right side and weak hand on the left side I don't feel the need to eat anything there is no fever or intruding of the eye or anything but I am guessing that this might be a viral infection from the eye that went into encephalitis the doctors seem to think that doesn't look like it but then they didn't do any testings for the brain anyway so I wanted to ask
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: blurry on the right side a little and sensitive to light quite a bit
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: currently have a stomach ulcer and took muscle relaxation pill yesterday due to the gum issue but then there was nothing the dentist could find. It is the same side as the eye
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I am panicking so please tell me. Also in case I have viral infection on the brain from the conjunctivitis spreading throughout the body now is it ok for me to fly? I am thinking about going back to my country to get treated as it is really expensive in the US.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

There may be the chances of Ophtahalmitis ( Inflammation of eye ball ) which is generalized inflammation of eye , so it would be ideal to have eye examination and if possible to get CT Scan to see any involvement of underlying structure that could be the treason of your issues .

You should immediately go to Ophthalmologist and discuss issue please .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did go to the eye doctor on Monday and today. He only gave me eye drop. I distrust the doctor I saw. Should I go back and INSIST that I take CT scan? Will MRI do it at all?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

You should proceed with CT scan please .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .