DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Today my daughter came home from school feeling something in

Customer Question

Hello,Today my daughter came home from school feeling something in her eye. She says it was windy and something got in her eye while walking home from school. I already put in some eye drops and dhe flushed it with water but she still feels something. But I don't see anything in it it just looks a little swollen than her other eye but I think that may be because she rubbed it. It diesnt itch and she does not have a fever. She is
a little congested. I'm thinking alergies or could it be a pink eye? how can i know and what can I give her?
Category: Eye
Expert:  DoctorAnil replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.
Well as you describe,possibly she may suffer from irritant/allergic conjunctivitis.

You should try OTC Zaditor eye drops and continue cool compresses with cool water.

Also give her OTC Motrin and Claritin.

She should avoid rubbing as much as possible and clean the eye with soft cotton cloth.

She should do deep breathing.

And nasal saline spray can be tried.

Most likely she'll be fine.

If her eye swelling'll get worse over the time then see her to ophthalmologist for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
her eye is not itchy it only hurts when she moves it if she lifts her eyelid it doesn't hurt. will Zaditor help her anyway?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes,Zaditor eye drops helps in relieving irritation and swelling inside eye.

Try it and continue cool compresses and other self care measures as we have discussed earlier.

Most likely she feels better.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you very much

I wish for her good health.
Also you have not rated so far.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars. Bonus is highly appreciated.

You can continue this conversation if you 'll have any further query even after providing rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil