Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

Brain aneurysm he has had headaches and eye pain for a week.

Customer Question

brain aneurysm he has had headaches and eye pain for a week. he sees a neurologist today. is there a medication that can dissolve this?
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: no vision is not good. I have to strain to see
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 26 days ago.

Im sorry to hear about the patient in question. Unfortunately there is NO medication which can dissolve an aneurysm, simply because this is a defect of the blood vessels in the brain. This defect in the blood vessels cannot be dissolved as there is no medication which can do this at the moment. The only viable treatment option for a brain aneurysm is surgery. The surgery can be done via catheter to close off the aneurysm with coils or open brain surgery in which clips can be placed to prevent teh aneurysm from rupturing.

So the answer to your question is NO, no medication exists for dissolving an aneurysm however therapies do exist in theform surgery which can solve the problem.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,