khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.

I have had dry disease for over 7 years..when i can afford

Customer Question

i have had dry disease for over 7 years..when i can afford it i do the restasis but it is very also makes my eyes hurt more at times..i also use a preservative free eye drops for lubriacation..and i have bad eye doc said when my alllergies act up i can use the over the counter zyrtec eye for the last week after using all of eyes are worse..i had gotten this way before and eye doc gave me a antiflamtory eye drop zylet which i still have but the date on it says it expires aug 2016 which was last is that to expired to use?i also have eye med called ofloxacin ophthalmic but it was used for fluid in my ears.but its a eye its not expired..can i use either one of these in my eyes to help with the infammtion until i can get to a eye eyes feel gritty. ache mucus and runny.and feel swollen alittle..and i am also in menopause..i try to take fish oil but most fish oil hurt my only one i can take is the red ones forgot what they called but they are low dose of fish oil.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 28 days ago.

You can use the ofloxacin ophthalmic drop. But it would not work if it is not bacteria infection.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i have spoke to you before and if you dont mind i would prefer to get a answer from a different eye doctor but thanks
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
could you please put my question back out there for other eye doctors