Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I have swelling on the left side of my face; a line from the

Customer Question

Hi there, I have swelling on the left side of my face; a line from the inner corner of my eye going downward in a line along my nose then slightly circling my eye. I have had this for 3 weeks, it is slightly less visible but still there, do you know what it is and hoe I can treat?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Do you have tooth problem ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but the swelling started just after I had to have cavity filled with anaesthetic. I do have quite chronic blocked nose/sinuses but this has been a problem for years and I've never had the swelling before.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

This seems to be Gingvitis / Tooth infection , so please get examination of oral cavity .

Meanwhile start ant-inflammatory pills Tab Advil twice a day .

Good luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But I don't have any inflammation symptoms of the tooth, everything feels perfectly fine in my mouth, would there not be some kind of symptoms?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

When there is welling its mean inflammation has subsided and post inflammatory material accumulated which don't gives pain .

So examination at this stage is very important .

Regards .