MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr
Experience:  MD since 1994
239748

Have chronic blepheritis, and possibly rosaecea of lid, I'm

Customer Question

Have chronic blepheritis, and possibly rosaecea of lid, I'm a barber and focus,strain my eyes 12 hrs a day, I need my eyes......will restasis work? I use drops2x -10xs daily, and tea tree wipes on lids, and all they do is burn, and water constantly
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: 3 yrs or so, last 2 progressive worse, not swollen per say but definitely very red and irritated, looks like I'm hi on drugs by the end of work
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: 44 yrs male , honky, 20/15 vision, seen 4 different eye DR'S, very sensitive to light! All I got...
Category: Eye
Expert:  MD Doc replied 2 months ago.

If you have been diagnosed with blephritis, then the treatment is totally different than restasis. Depending on the severity of blephritis the treatment is -

In mild cases - diluting baby no tears shampoo 4-6 times in water and wiping eyes softly with cotton dipped in the diluted shampoo. Azithromycin eye drop 3 times a day. applying antibiotic ointment on the base of eye lashes, twice a day for 15 days.

In sever cases - the above treament plus a 6 week course of doxycycline.

Most of the above treatment will require a visit to an eye doctor. In the meantime, you can clean your eyes with cotton dipped in diluted no tears baby shampoo. Also use frequent lubricating eye drops which are available over the counter, like refresh tears or optive or systane ultra eye drops. If you have dandruff in your hair, then that also needs to be treated, since that is the main cause of blephritis.

Hope this information is helpful, do get back for further questions. Do leave a positive feedback.