Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

Seeing a wavy line in my vision...mostly peripheral vision

Customer Question

seeing a wavy line in my vision...mostly peripheral vision in my left eye. can't tell if it's in my right eye or not
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: vision has been fine lately....been about 9 months since my annual exam. this happened for the first time today...has been for the last 2 hours or so...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have double strabismus...prisim in my glasses for my right eye. left eye vision is pretty good (not 20/20 but close)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 month ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 month ago.

Wavy lines in the vision are something that happen very commonly and is pretty normal to have some wavy lines in the vision of most people. If it is not disturbing your vision and is in the peripheral vision of your eye, I would not worry whatsoever.

If, however, the wavy lines are increasing with time and affecting your vision, then I would recommend that you be seen by an ophthalmologist to have a look at your retina to make sure everything is okay.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end and then submitting your rating as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards