Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

My 19 year old came home after an eye appointment and said

Customer Question

My 19 year old came home after an eye appointment and said that they found a black spot in her eye and they measured it took pictures and told her to come back in 6 months to see if it's changed. I'm very concerned that it needs more urgent attention. The office has an eye medical doctor and I'm sure he was called into asses. This is my first ever post. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai , a certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to assisting you.

Black spot in the eye is most likely to be a nevus ( pigment clump) and can occur at many sites in the eye. Most often these are absolutely benign lesions and do not cause any problem to the eye. On rare occasions these nevi show alterations such as a rapid change in size or density and might become malignant. Hence all pigmented lesions in the eye are followed up , say once in 6 months, so as to note any change in size or pigmentation. I guess there is nothing to worry as of now.

I hope that helps to reduce your anxiety and concerns regarding your daughter's eye issue.

Do let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you in this regard.

Please remember to rate the response positively if it was up to your satisfaction.

Thank you and best wishes