Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Having just random pains under my eyebrow no other symptoms

Customer Question

Having just random pains under my eyebrow no other symptoms it's just randomly shoots a pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 2 days I haven't figured out what makes it better nothing really and nothing really makes it worse it just appears
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Umm appendix taken out 3 weeks ago I got diagnosed with tension headaches 4 months ago
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

There are a couple of nerves that emerge from openings in the eyebrow part of skull and run up under the skin of the forehead...

These are the supraorbital nerve and the supratrochlear nerve ...

I would suspect that you may have had some impingement or bump to the area perhaps to cause the intermittent sharp pains that you describe ...

As this may commonly result from a direct and even mild blow over the bony prominence here you may benefit to treat it as you would a bruise

Aleve 2 tablets twice a day and Tylenol 500mg tablet with max of 8 total per day ( 4000mg) should help

Leave area alone and I think it more likely will disipate over this next week ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yeah it's right under my eye brow and it hurts to touch kinda more sensitive than my other eye brow nothing serious?? It just a random shooting pain

Hello again,

Right I think nothing serious ...

As I mentioned there are 2 nerves that emerge from openings in the bone and run under the skin upward ...

I suspect that you may have bruised area right at opening of the supraorbital nerve or supratrochlear nerve on that side ...

It should settle down with time ...

Nothing serious and no medical intervention needed here ...

Measures to help as I described above

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you again I just don't remember hitting my head on anything and it just suddenly appeared so just wanted to be cautious but yeah I'm eating fine and doing everything else just fine

You're very welcome ...the type description that you gave sounds to me that you bumped that nerve and it stays sensitive for a few days but should settle down for you ....it would be very similar to hitting the ulnar nerve ( funny bone )

If you don't sleep alone then an elbow to the eye in the middle of the night is a common scenario that may cause it ...

Let me know if you have further questions or discussion

Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD