Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

The right side of my face isn't working and my right eye is

Customer Question

The right side of my face isn't working and my right eye is double/blurred vision
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: It started with eye twitches 2 days ago and then i started noticing tingly spikes on my right cheek and I have had a slight headache on and off for a day or so. My right hand/wrist has been tingly as well
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing has ever happened like this before. All I have is occasional asthma when my allergies get really bad.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 2 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr SH replied 2 months ago.

With what you are describing you are most likely having Bell's Palsy which is a condition of unknown cause that leads to facial nerve paralysis leading to once side of the face muscles not to work.

Treatment is with prednisolone which is a steroid, for two weeks.

I would strongly recommend that you be seen ASAP.

If you cannot get an appointment with your doctor soon then I would recommend that you be seen in the emergency as you definitely will require a script for prednisone once this is diagnosed.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards