Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I began using a sleep mask a couple of nights ago because I

Customer Question

I began using a sleep mask a couple of nights ago because I have had problems sleeping, and now when I woke up today the vision in my left eye is completely blurry
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: Only since I woke up 3-3.5 hours ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No headaches
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I cover my left eye I can see fine. When I cover my right eye, however, my vision is blurry. This has happened a few times before throughout my life, but usually goes away 1-2 hours after I wake up.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of experience. I will be happy to help you today.

Blurred vision lasting this long after sudden onset needs to be evaluated for irritation from the mask itself, a sudden onset of leaking of vitreous fluid, a partial retinal detachment, glaucoma are possible causes.

You need to have this evaluated by an Ophthalmologist to determine exact cause. Since it has happened in the past, it is not an emergency but something that should be done soon.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Have you scheduled an appointment with an eye doctor?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Has your vision cleared and did you see an Ophthalmologist? Also please provide a rating for my response, hopefully 5 stars.