Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My son accedantly shot my left eye with a nerf gun from a

Customer Question

My son accedantly shot my left eye with a nerf gun from a very close distance and it has been about 2 hours my eye started with being very blurry and it still and now it's painful and I feel there is something inside it please help
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: Not really
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: But every time I close my eye now I feel some pain and like something iinside it
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “New eye symptoms after accidentally shot by Nerf gun” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Please see that nerf guns can rarely cause injury to the eyes

Most often they are safe but rare incidents of eye injury have been reported

It is possible the eye injury has occurred inside the eye

For example there might be some damage to a blood vessel inside the eye

Or there could be other types of damage to the eye

You need to be seen and examined by a doctor asap with these type of symptoms. You may try to visit nearest Urgent care or ER because you need an urgent eye examination and then treated appropriately so please try to visit nearest urgent care of emergency room asap.

Please not to panic, an early diagnosis and treatment can completely resolve this issue so please try to get this examined by a dr asap.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi, how are your symptoms now? Are you feeling better? Please let me know if you have any further questions or if you want to discuss this further. Best regards!