Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I have wet macular degeneration in both eyes, and am in

Customer Question

I have wet macular degeneration in both eyes, and am in regular treatment...but the group does not do glasses. Do I need an opthalmologist or an optometrist?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for this question. For management of wet macular degeneration you need to see an opthalmologist however in order to get glasses made you will need an optometrist. Opthalmologists only manage diseases which are related to the eye such as your macular degeneration, glasses however are made by optometrist.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,