Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Last night a bug flew into my eye. I don't see anything in

Customer Question

Hi last night a bug flew into my eye. I don't see anything in my eye now, but I see what looks like a floating image of the bug in my eye. the whit of my eye is mucusy and when I took a Q-tip to it to see if I could remove it, it looked like I lifted yo a tiny tear in od a piece of my white(sclera). Should I be concerned or will this heal on it's own? I have no pain. Thank You
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I had a rountine eye check just a few months ago. Everything was fine.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm tapering off clonzapam and that causes dryness and some blurriness to my vision. that's all
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. From what you are describing it sounds as if you have suffered a corneal abrasion which means that the white portion of your eye has been damaged because of the bug. It is also possible that you may have developed an infection of the eye which would cause discharge from the eyes as well as blurring of vision along with redness of the cornea. This is something which needs to be evaluated by your doctor as soon as possible. DO NOT use a q-tip to touch the eye anymore, you could cause more damage. Just simply wash out the eye with cold water and if you have pain use OTC tylenol or motrin to decrease any inflammation. But this is something which you do need to have evaluated as soon as possible as any infection left unchecked can cause permanent damage to the eye.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Your dad needs to be transferred to a step down, intermediate care facility.

Not discharged.

That is the bot***** *****ne.'

Hi,Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. From what you are describing it sounds as if you have suffered a corneal abrasion which means that the white portion of your eye has been damaged because of the bug. It is also possible that you may have developed an infection of the eye which would cause discharge from the eyes as well as blurring of vision along with redness of the cornea. This is something which needs to be evaluated by your doctor as soon as possible. DO NOT use a q-tip to touch the eye anymore, you could cause more damage. Just simply wash out the eye with cold water and if you have pain use OTC tylenol or motrin to decrease any inflammation. But this is something which you do need to have evaluated as soon as possible as any infection left unchecked can cause permanent damage to the eye.Do you have any more questions?Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/