Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I have been going to eye doctor every 6 months now they say

Customer Question

I have been going to eye doctor every 6 months now they say I have macular hole. Is this part of macular degenerative disease. Could I have done something to prevent this?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: My eyes were checked in January and in July but I started noticing change in June.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have worn glasses since I was 2 years old due to weak muscles. I was mono vision I say distance out of left eye and close up out right eye. So I only wore my glasses driving. Now my left eye vision is gone and they said was some bleeding in right eye. I was devastated today when I was told and Dr walked out when I said I would have to think about surgery. I did not know I had anything wrong. Said hole was through to retina. I live alone. I was very active. I play water volleyball 4 hours a day. Do yoga and play golf and pickleball. Don't know if I could handle surgery as he said only 30-40% would help eye.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of your significant vision problem. Unfortunately, surgery is the only treatment and the sooner the better. Laser surgery can be effective in controlling vision loss. If you do nothing, your vision will continue to deteriorate. The surgery will interfere with your life style for a brief moment in your life, but give you the opportunity to continue an active life style after you heal. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Have you contacted your Ophthalmologist to arrange for Laser surgery to save your vision?