Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Started today with what appears to have been an ocular

Customer Question

Started today with what appears to have been an ocular migraine (aura) in right eye. Suffering currently from mild case of bell's palsy on left side of face. taking 50mg of prednisone (taper). Did not have actual headache. Also using Refresh Luquigel as needed in both eyes.Left eye had 5 years ago torn retina fixed (laser).Right eye feels tired (has since the bell's palsy incident) and when I blink fast in right eye I can see a circle image that almost reminds me of an image of the inside of the eye. It is brighter circle with blank outline. Not a permanent image. When I close my right eye I light as well, not as defined, but fades away after a few seconds and everything is dark and remains dark.Does not present like the last retinal tear and I have been under significant stress and have not been sleeping well.Had CT and MRI of brain due to bell's palsy and all negative.Need to schedule eye appointment, but is this something serious or hopefully with some rest will resolve. I do suffer from ocular migraines on a somewhat consistent basis due again to stress.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I am a double board certified US doctor and happy to help you.

Thanks for the question.

Glaucoma, retinal tearing, internal infection of the eyes.

All of these need to rule out.

If it is persistent, or progressing, I suggest the exam be done today.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent [5]—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It just started today, other than the eye being "tired."

I would play it as safe as possible.

Given your history, there is absolutely no way I am going to recommend waiting.

Safety for your vision first.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent [5]—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here