Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Just noticed my daughter has 3 dark grey spots in the of her

Customer Question

Just noticed my daughter has 3 dark grey spots in the white of her eyes
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: January. She wears glasses -5.0 on both eyes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Other than her vision changing a whole point in less than a year, no
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with experience in treating all neurological and all other medical conditions including the concerns of new dark/grey spots in the white of your daughter’s eye you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns related to your daughter’s eye.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns related to your daughter;

How old is your child?

Does she have any known medical or other health conditions?

Any recent or past traumas or injuries to the eyes, or any eye infections?

Could you please upload a picture here of her affected eye?

Thanks!

Hi, I had asked few questions above earlier and I have not received any reply from you so far. I am not sure whether you are facing some technical glitches or whether you are busy now. What I thought in the meantime is to post some information here related to her new eye symptom, please go through this information and follow up with me and we can discuss this further.

Coming to the discussion;

The white part of the eye you have mentioned is called as Sclera

You have mentioned that she has dark grey spots in her sclera of the eye

I have not seen the picture of her eye but in general there are various conditions that can cause the type of spots your daughter is having on the sclera, and examples include the following;

Deficiency of certain vitamins

Deficiencies of certain Minerals

Thyroid disease

Ocular melanosis

Ocular nevus

Pinguecula etc

I am not telling all these above are applicable in her case, but these are the various conditions or causes for dark grey spots in the sclera your daughter is having.

As you see there are many causes for these type of spots on the sclera of the eye and she needs to see her eye dr asap so that this can be further evaluated with a direct eye examination in the clinic, and then treated appropriately

I also want to reassure you that these type of spots are most often some benign conditions which can be treated & cured, so please not to panic, please try to show this to her eye Dr asap so that diagnosis is finalized and treated appropriately.

Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions or if you want any further clarifications related to your daughter's new eye symptom and we can discuss this further. Also if possible please post a picture too here so that I can try to narrow down the diagnostic possibility.

Best regards

Customer/p>