Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had a very odd reaction the other night while bar tending.

Customer Question

I had a very odd reaction the other night while bar tending. After about five hours of working I began to see my hands shake to the point where I could put a drink in front of a customer. My eyes began to bounce a little. It then went away but came back in waves. It continued to get worse to the point where I noticed that during the UFC fight every time the crowd would cheer and as the noise increased it immediately debilitated me to the point where I would have to hold myself up from falling down. When I tried to walk to the back office to tell the owner I couldn't work anymore the sound went off again and I fell but caught myself on a rail. My pupils where very dilated and my hand would not stop shaking.
I had been drinking water all day and had 3 full meals before the shift. I am pretty healthy working out 3-4 times a week and ride about 50 miles a week. I had ridden 5 miles and worked out that day. Looking back I probably had about 15 glasses of water that day up until the point when this started.
I don't currently have insurance so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jake
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

severe fatigue, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, severe stress, loud noises sometimes can cause these stress responses

I hope you have recovered from the incident.

you may have been lacking sleep as well

you do need to apply for health insurance. some mediaid or www.healthcare.gov

you get penalized on your taxes if you don't have health insurance.

you need to see a doctor and get routine blood test and an annual physical to make sure you stay healthy

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com