Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

Last 10 minutes I have been having flashing in the outer

Customer Question

For the last 10 minutes I have been having flashing in the outer edge of my eye.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: about 10 months ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I am 64. In relatively good health.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.

Hello

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

Flashes in the outer corner of the eye can be a normal symptom that can happen while aging due to shrinkage in the vitreous jelly in the eye.

At the same time this can be due to leakage of blood cells into vitreous from retinal blood vessels. This can happen in retinal tear.

I don't want you to take a chance.

Have a eye examination as soon as possible. Ophthalmologist can see into the eye with the help of scope and see what exactly is wrong.

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for answering you

Follow up questions can be asked after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here, http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya

Hi, request to please rate the answer positively, so that I'm compensated for my time.

Do you have further questions?