Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

This person had retrobulbar injection of alcohool due to

Customer Question

This person had retrobulbar injection of alcohool due to language barrier shedoes not know if she should continue the 3 ey drops for pressure plus thw alphagan she was on prior to the injection. Lots of swelling present
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the question.

I am Dr.A.S.Desai , certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to assisting you today.

Since the patient has been put on 3 anti-glaucoma eye drops, it looks like the intraocular pressure(IOP) is not under good control. Retrobulbar injection of absolute alcohol is given for painful blind eye due to absolute glaucoma. Patient can put all the eye drops given for control of IOP presently . There is no need for her to put the 4th eye drop ( Alphagan). She has already been given the maximum anti-glaucoma medicines and the glaucoma is in its last stage of absolute glaucoma. This stage is usually difficult to treat with respect to control of IOP.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist