Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

What are the dangers of removing the restore lenses and

Customer Question

What are the dangers of removing the restore lenses and replacing with standard lenses. Seems like the surgery is more complicated
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 months ago.

The risks are, basically, exactly the same as when you had your cataract removed: Bleeding, infection, poor result, pain, need for further surgery, loss of vision, loss of eye.

The vast majority of cataract surgeons are experienced and very comfortable with intraocular lens exchange and, really, should have no problems taking out the restore lens and replacing it with a monofocal style IOL. It really is not that much more complicated of a surgery in the hands of a good ophthalmologist.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS