Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have been asked to have a heart echo. What does this mean?

Customer Question

I have been asked to have a heart echo. What does this mean? My doctor said today that it would probable be alright
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Usually I do a heart echo for arterial occlusions, not I would not do it given what you have told me so far.

They are doing the echo to look for any clots that might be present inside the chambers of your heart.

I agree with your doctor: It will probably come back as normal since you had a vein occlusion and these do not normally come from clots in the heart.

But, it is a simple, quick and painless test.....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Let me know how things turn out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Rick, thank you for your answer. The doctor made a note on a sheet of paper, and gave it to me which says, referred for echo 22nd June 2016 Bloods HCA/PN What does this mean please? I told her I had to renew my driving licence so she said I would need to state that I am having an echo done. I have to go to a funeral at 2pm, at our local Church of Ireland. It is now 12.55pm, so I will contact you later on this afternoon
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am back home again. It is now 5.40pm. I look forward to hearing from you regarding my last question. thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 months ago.

Clinic is crazy today....I'm just now, at 3 pm, sitting down to eat my lunch...

I don't know what HCA/PN means. It is not an abbreviation I use... :(

I'd not say anything to the folks about your echo when you go have your drivers license renewed....that might just open up a whole can of worms that would be better left alone....

Let me know how things go.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Rick, I think you are right. Although the doctor today thought I should write a note with the form, but she did not seem to be absolutely sure when I first mentioned this.. I also rang the holiday insurance people and they said as I have not been diagnosed yet, there is no need to state at this stage. The same would apply to the drivers license,as you say. I just want to do things correctly and not invalidate, should I have to make a claim, hopefully not.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 months ago.

I agree: You can always tell them later if needed...

Have a good day :)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Rick, Thanks for your reply. When I get an appointment, I will write and inform you of the result. Off to bed now, as it is 11.30pm. Have an easy evening hopefully, after your super crazy day!! Goodnight
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 months ago.

Goodnight to you too...even though it is only 5:30 pm here ;)

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I give you a rating the file will close, and I will have to get set up again and have to pay another fee?. Can I please wait, in case I should have subsequent questions, after the heart echo is done?. I do not have an appointment yet as to when to attend. It is 12.20am, so I'm off to bed! Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 months ago.

Yes. Since you are my favorite JA customer, we can wait :)

Talk to you soon.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Rick, I got a notice to give you a star rating, but if I do, I will have to set up again and pay another fee. Can you please wait until I get the echo done, should I have any subsequent questions, but an appointment has not yet been set up. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 months ago.

We can continue to wait :)