DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My daughter has just come back from a contact lens check and

Customer Question

Hi my daughter has just come back from a contact lens check and the optician told her that her optic nerves were paler than usual
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She is only taking contraceptive pill and no we have not been referred to hospital yet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Just short sighted
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

Hello

This can mean nothing.

This is an optician who is unable to to a more complete and invasive exam.

If there is a concern, take here to an MD, opthalmologist.

Glaucoma is the most common cause of this, and I hope that was checked for.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it may just be normal?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

Yes, but problems need to be ruled out with proper exam.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/