Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I just had cataract on both eyes. right eye good, left eye

Customer Question

i just had cataract on both eyes. right eye good, left eye blurry. i checked the lense and saw that right eye was to 23.5 and left eye 25.0' but avtually left received also 23.5
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: no headaches its jus blurry in the left sid. srgery on left eye was 7/16 ladt saturday, right eye july 5 i am wondering why i have the sa e lenses on both eyes, instead of what was told
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There are several possible causes that could cause this discrepancy, but it is impossible to know which truly occurred. It is possible that there was an error in placing the incorrect lens in the left eye. It is possible that the correct lens was placed, but there was a transcription error in the medical record. It is also possible that there was an error in communicating the expected lens to be placed in the left eye.

You would need to check with your surgeon to be able to determine which of these possibilities occurred.