Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have and large amount of bright red blood in my stool a

Customer Question

i have and large amount of bright red blood in my stool a couple time (3 times) I am 18 years old and been smoking or around 3+ years now i think its cancer but i'm not sure, also read somewhere the some cancers cause yellowing in the skin and eyes and i did not notice i do have a bit of yellow around the edge of my eyes, I don't no if this has anything to do with but my mum dad also recently got bowl cancer,
Do you think I have cancer?
Thanks, Dylan
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

At your age bowel cancer is VERY RARE indeed.

The most likely cause of bleeding at your age is either hemorrhoids or an anal fissure.

As a general rule, any person who has blood in his stools, must be examined to rule out various causes and to confirm the diagnosis.

I would recommend having an anoscopy done for the confirmation of your diagnosis at your doctor's office.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards