Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My husband was in Viet Nam and just went through prostate

Customer Question

My husband was in Viet Nam and just went through prostate cancer. He is at 100% right now VA benefits but would go down after one year. He is starting physical at VA and he has these craters in his eyes. He went to UCLA a few years back and the dr said your have craters and never see anything like this but in third world countries, called his students in to look at. Is this possibly from agent orange
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: 3-4 years ago, his vision is blurred.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Hi has been having trouble with his feet and legs. Just finished Proton treatment for cancer in March. Had hormone blockade shots and still having hot flashes. The eye thing was diagnosed about 30 years ago. Went to regular eye doctor he said never saw anything like it so sent him to eye institute in LA. They said he would have to have cornea transplant and he would not do. Only third world country he has been to was Viet Nam
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

this is Dr. David

are these craters on his eyes on the whites of his eyes or his retina?

why would he not go have his cornea transplanted?

he should see an eye doctor at the VA clinic and see if they are willing to give him more benefits because of these eye issues.

it sounds like he most likely got this from agent orange or from vietnam.

i doesn't sound like it is from his prostate cancer.