Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Last two nights when I take out my contacts, one of my eyes

Customer Question

For the last two nights when I take out my contacts, one of my eyes feels like it has something in it. It's not painful, just more annoying. I also notice it in the morning when I wake up but do not feel anything when my contacts are in. I wear daily disposable contacts and have worn them for over 20 years. I have pretty severe seasonal allergies that I manage with Claritin and Flonase but have really never had any eye issues. Just curious what this might be.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Eye discomfort after removing contact lenses can be due to few reasons and most important being excessive dryness or corneal abrasion. I would suggest you to inspect your lens thoroughly, always wash with particular solution before applying and after removal. Putting lubricating solution for contact lenses into your eyes while lenses are on would be helpful. It is always better to get your eyes examined to detect early abrasion or ulceration of cornea.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service, by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.