Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I wake up with my eye crusted..thought i had pink eye but

Customer Question

i wake up with my eye crusted..thought i had pink eye but saw a nurse and she said i did not have pink eye. when she looked at the bottom of my ye lid she said i have 2 small dots n the bottom of my eye lid...what s that?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: the crusted left eye 2 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: pertaining to?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture here? Also do you have any pain in the eye, blurring of vision? Any other medical conditions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no but tearing

Thank you for the additional information

From what you are describing it sounds like that you may have developed internal sty. This is a bacterial infection of the glands in the eye lid which is usually due to either staph or other bacteria. In most cases this does not require treatment apart from warm compresses over the eye lid. Usually this should subside with warm compresses over the period of 3 - 7 days. Now if it does not subside then it would require treatment with oral antibiotics and in some cases the sty would have to be lanced in order to get rid of it.

Another cause of this can be chalazion which is another infection of one of the glands of the eyelid. Again the treatment is with warm compresses.

Now if the symptoms dont subside within the next 3-4 days or if you develop pain, swelling of the eye, blurring of vision then you would have to go see your doctor again for possible lancing and antibiotics however in teh meantime, washing the eye with clean water and warm compresses are treatment of choice. OTC antiinflammatory medications like motrin and aleve will also be helpful in reducing inflammation.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,