Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I'm having a problem with my eye, everything looks normal

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my eye, everything looks normal but I'm getting like a weird pain almost like a pressure or an eye ache kind of pain in my right eye I do have contact lenses that I sleep in but they are the 30 day/night pair but I'm not very good with cleaning them but I take them out every month and wear my glasses for about a week or a weekend to give my eyes some oxygen so it could be that, but also last night I was wrestling with my buddies and I was put in a chokehold and I didn't tap until I was almost asleep, and i got like a feeling in my eye I don't want to say a pain and then when I woke up I started to feel my eye aching so I'm wondering if this is serious and what caused it and what it is thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you should take out your contacts now just to be on the safe side and see if that helps.

most likely not serious eye pain.

could be due to allergies which can cause eye pressure and eye pain if you have runny nose or congestion of your sinuses.

could be lack of sleep or dehydration causing eye pain

let me know if you have other questions.