Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the eye dr because my left

Customer Question

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the eye dr because my left eye was solid red on the outside of the iris. The dr said it was a broken blood vessel and could have happened for many reasons, but it was nothing to worry about. Now today, my right eye has the same, thing and my left eye is starting to get the problem again. Any thoughts of what might be causing this recently? I've never had this problem before and I haven't been sneezing, coughing, or lifting anything heavy lately.
Thanks,
Brad
Category: Eye
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 5 months ago.

Hi Brad, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with experience in treating all neurological and other medical conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

You are now developing the same eye problem you had with the other eye too. A broken blood vessel (bleeding) can be caused by varieties of underlying medical conditions as mentioned below;

Platelet deficiency

Other bleeding disorders

Blood clotting disorders

Conditions causing blood vessel fragility

Liver diseases

Autoimmune connective tissue disorders

Allergic conditions etc

Please try to see your Dr in the clinic asap so that you can undergo a thorough evaluation including certain relevant blood tests etc to identify the precise underlying cause for this new eye symptom and then treated appropriately.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi Brad, please let me know if you have any further questions. Best Regards!