Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My husbands right pupil is dilated and the other eye is

Customer Question

My husbands right pupil is dilated and the other eye is not..the dilated eye is irritated and his sight is a little blurry. He mentioned the irritation last week but we just noticed the dilated eye.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: No head
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: About 3-4 days but only today we noticed the dilated eye. No headache s.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is actually his left pupil that is dilated.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

if he has one dilated pupil, this can be serious and can be due to nerves in his brain not functioning properly

he should see a doctor and get an MRI scan of the brain right away.

this can check for pressure on nerves in his brain

an irritated eye can be from an eye infection like conjuctivitis which can be from viral or bacterial infection

is he willing to see a doctor and get his eyes checked?