Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I see small ripples in my vision. It is most noticeable when

Customer Question

I see small ripples in my vision. It is most noticeable when I look at objects such as light post and when there is significant contrast or on the edges of things.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It just started yesterday. I have not seen a doctor. I am not taking any medication.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I wear contact lenses. Have a few floaters in. And the ripples manifest themselves when I'm looking to the side.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 months ago.

Go see a doctor now.

This can be from

retinal detachement

other problem [astigmatism]

Neurological problems can do it as well.

I would not wait on this.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here