Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I have 3 small blisters on the inside of my lower eyelid and

Customer Question

i have 3 small white blisters on the inside of my lower eyelid and it is swollen i have had eye infection before just not with blisters i have bacitracin ointment
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: 2 days yes is swollen in the lower part of my eye
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Can you attach a picture here?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

the first thing which comes to mind after hearing about your symptoms is that you could have developed Sty. This is a bacterial infection inside the eyelids of a particular type of glands. In most cases of sty , no actual treatment is needed apart from warm compresses of the region to bring the swelling down as well as OTC anti inflammatory agents like motrin or aleve for the pain and swelling. However in some cases if the swelling and pain is not improving the points may have to be lanced to remove the pus and improve the infection.

Secondly, this can also be another bacterial infection of the soft tissue of the eye and if that is teh case then antibiotics would be necessary to improve the situation.

As i cannot see the region to be sure, i would recommend that you start applying warm compresses to the area and at the same time start to use OTC painkillers which i mentioned above, but do see your doctor for a confirmation of the diagnosis.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.