Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I took CVS extra strength Sinus Relief and I might have

Customer Question

I took CVS extra strength Sinus Relief and I might have gotten a little in my mouth is that ok or not?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: not now this just happened a few minutes ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a chronic sinus issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shirin Afrasiabi replied 3 months ago.

There must have been significant injury to have caused a mass after 3 decades. I doubt a human kick would be capable of such damage. . I would have them work it up and not assume it is from the kick.

Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 months ago.

The above response is not mine and appears to have been intended for a different question...

The product that you describe is a nasal spray with a decongestant .. This would be absorbed intranasally and some post nasal drainage might be often swallowed ..

The product warns not to swallow and even to notify poison control if swallowed. A significant amount swallowed might cause higher blood pressure or racing of the heart...

A small amount in the mouth I would not count as being of that danger however

If you sprayed one dose and hit your mouth that would be similar in exposure amount...

Not opening bottle and taking a sip...that would be dangerous ..

A small amount as a single spray dose should not be of danger however

I hope that this makes sense and is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD