Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I get a small bug bite that just itches and turns red. The

Customer Question

I get a small bug bite that just itches for days and turns red. The bug is small . this usually results when I feel the bug and crush its tiny body. I take 1 baby aspirin, 40 mg Crestor, 2000 IU vitamin D every day. I usually apply some Benadryl ointment when I first notice the stinging sensation. which helps but is very short term affect. I take those Rx because of a stroke (Right brain) 6 years ago. I just turned 65 on the 26th June. the crestor is to protect the doctor's stent in right carotid artery, that stent is mine now, payments complete
Is there something I should differently for these annoying itches? Something systemic? I just bought some Benadryl tablets which indicate on the label for use of allergic reactions, i.e. runny nose, itchy eyes, etc. I am allergic to bees, these buggers are not bees. I do have epi-Pen available should I need for serious bee sting breathing issues. Thank you.
AL STANLEY (###) ###-####
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 months ago.
Hello !
For these bites you may continue the topical Benadryl ..yes / you may also use 1 percent hydrocortisone twice a day // oral antihistamine would help itching Zyrtec 10 mg in AM and Benadryl 25 to 50 mg at bedtime would probably work well for you
I hope that this is helpful for you
Let me know if you have further questions or concerns
I will be happy to get back with you
If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback
Thank you and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD