Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My husband had cataract surgery back in November and a few

Customer Question

My husband had cataract surgery back in November and a few days later he had a detached retina. He was doing fine following up everything was healed. He scheduled his follow up a few days earlier because his eye was a little blurry. We just found out that he has to have surgery tomorrow because the retina is detached again. Is this typical?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: No he had no headaches. His first retina surgery went fine. Now he has to go through this process again. Is this a typical problem?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. He takes blood pressure medication and is good with following up with his doctors.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Retina detachment is not common and recurrent rertina detachment is rare. The most likely risk factor in your husband is high blood pressure. He needs to monitor his blood pressure and followup with his physician for medications if his blood pressure is not in normal range as it puts him in risk of detachment again.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Wish you good health.