Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I would like to talk to retina specialist. Case After OCT

Customer Question

I would like to talk to retina specialist.
Case
After OCT scan I left the hospital with sunglasses and hat but was expose about 30 minutes at strong sunlight - not looking directly at the sun.
my vision is 20/20 however since 20 days I do have:
1) Negative After images
2) Positive after images
3) Very high light sensitivity
My question is - is there any chance these symptoms to get mild to go away with the time?
What regime I have to follow in while solar retinopathy is healing?
Age of the patient: 41 Years, Patient's gender: Male
More details about the presenting complaint:
I would like to talk to retina specialist. Case After OCT scan I left the hospital with sunglasses and hat but was expose about 30 minutes at strong sunlight - not looking directly at the sun. my vision is 20/20 however since 20 days I do have: 1) Negative After images 2) Positive after images 3) Very high light sensitivity My question is - is there any chance these symptoms to get mild to go away with the time? What regime I have to follow in while solar retinopathy is healing?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

Solar retinopathy usually resolves by itself.

We have seen cases where in, direct sunexposure causing solar retinopathy also resolved by itself.

In your case, all the symptoms all be disappeared in some time.

Mean while have sun protection glasses and use the prescribed eye drops regularly.

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, so that I'm compensated for the answer

Any bonus is appreciated

Best Regards