Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

Every time I sweat or get overheated, my eyes become swollen

Customer Question

Every time I sweat or get overheated, my eyes become swollen to the point they are almost swollen shut.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: Yes it itches as well. I have been dealing with this for several years.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. From what you are describing it sounds like that you have an allergic reaction everytime you sweat. This is evident by the swelling and by the itching. Now what could happen here is that when you sweat that causes the dirt and dust present on your eyelids or your forehead to come into the eyes which leads to teh swelling as well as the itching. This would be determined with the help of a simple allergy test and then treated with the help of anti allergic medications like zyrtec or claritin. In addition cold compresses would be helpful as well. Zaditor can help with the itching as well. This would be best diagnosed by an allergist who can determine what kinds of allergies you might have.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,