Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

My son was murdered by s fiance March 2015. She has yet to

Customer Question

My son was murdered by his fiance March 2015. She has yet to go to trial- 3rd listing coming up 8/2016. On July of 2015 i developed a tic of the trigeminal nerve on the right side of my face. It involves my rt eye and outer aspect of my mouth and lips. It is non painful and intermittent but not always predictive. Occurs with downward head movements as in reading, writing and eating. Makes reading and computer use difficult at time as the eye tires easily. My face has no distortion. My medical internist told me that it is the result of the stress of my son's death and the paperwork etc that resulted from his sudden demise and that it will take time to dissipate. I had 22 acupuncture visits with success but after 3 weeks cessation if returned again. I have now been trying cold laser with my chiropractor. It seems to be helping but i wondered if you could suggest a better treatment not; involving surgery. Acupuncture was not covered by insurance and quite expensive; chiropractors are more affordable.As i write this my eye and cheek are moving rapidly.
My question is there a better treatment and will this be lasting for the rest of my life?
I am female and 84yrs young. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Coming to your medical problem, you should consider botox injections --very effective nonsurgical treatment of bothersome tics.

The effect is long lasting with minimal side effects ( infection, bleeding, paralysis).

These procedures are done by the interventional neurologists or a cosmetic surgeon also.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: