Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have been suffering from swelling in my eye. It's red

Customer Question

Hi, I have been suffering from swelling in my eye. It's red and painful. The swelling is like a bulge and covering some of my eye. I used some similasan stye ointment in my eye and some ibuprofen. Pain seems to be less but swelling is still there. The pain started on Saturday with a tiny bump but has worsened today. Is this a stye? I have had stye before but it was never this severe. I'm doing warm. Compress hoping it will hasten the process but I don't see any improvement. What should I do and how long will it take to recover. Attaching a picture
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
Can you please attach a picture or two here for me to have a look at and to be able to give you a better opinion.
Thank you