Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My eye is swollen and seems like stye, There is a bulge like

Customer Question

My eye is swollen and seems like stye
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: There is a bulge like a pimple but bugger
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It started of as pain few days ago but been severe since yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
Can you please attach a picture or two here for me to have a look at and to be able to give you a better opinion.
Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Attached is the pic
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I have been suffering from swelling in my eye. It's red and painful. The swelling is like a bulge and covering some of my eye. I used some similasan stye ointment in my eye and some ibuprofen. Pain seems to be less but swelling is still there. The pain started on Saturday with a tiny bump but has worsened today. Is this a stye? I have had stye before but it was never this severe. I'm doing warm. Compress hoping it will hasten the process but I don't see any improvement. What should I do and how long will it take to recover
Expert:  Dr SH replied 5 months ago.

Stye or infection is the most likely possibility.

Another possibility is allergy to something that you may have applied on it.

I would recommend applying warm compresses to the eye. To relieve pain, run warm water over a clean washcloth. Wring out the washcloth and place it over your closed eye. Re-wet the washcloth when it loses heat. Continue this for 5 to 10 minutes. Then gently massage the eyelid. Repeating this two to three times a day may encourage the sty to drain on its own.

Do not wear makeup or contact lenses until the sty is fully cured.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that all? I could easily find this information on Internet with a simple Google search.
Expert:  Dr SH replied 5 months ago.

You can continue to ask questions until you are satisfied.

What questions remain unanswered?

Expert:  Dr SH replied 5 months ago.

A stye or an infection like what you are having can take one to two weeks to recover completely.

Expert:  Dr SH replied 5 months ago.

You should continue warm compresses and anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen or aleve to help with the pain and inflammation.