DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have been living in New Zealand past 4 years and since

Customer Question

Hi I have been living in New Zealand for the past 4 years and since couple of months tears have been coming from the left eye I consulted a doctor they prescribed me some eyedrops it has come down from it was before but not fully. They say that it is a sort of inflammation of eyes. My eyes are quite red when I wake in d morning.. Bit worried
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 9 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

What eye drops they have given

If it is an inflammation, they give mild steroid drops, and you need to use them minimum for 2 months, 4 to 5 times a day and later 2 times a day for another 1 month and then stop,

Hope this information helps

Any questions please ask me

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page so that I'm compensated

Any bonus I appreciate.

Best Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. Iam not fully satisfied with your answer, I have been using these eye drops for a quite long time but its not giving me the effect. The thing which worries me is that how long it will take for the inflamation to go off completely this way iam only spending my money on eye drops which are not giving me any cure. I would appreciate if their are any home remedies which can be used and which are effective.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

You don't seem to have a diagnosis.

You need to go back and get a diagnosis.

Allergies are a big possibility.

But if it is in one eye only, this can be a problem with a clogged tear duct.

The solution would be mechanical /surgical.

I would not suggest home remedies without a proper diagnosis.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi thanks for the reply. I have already consulted a doctor and they recomended me take the drops for 3 months and if it doenst work then go for further treatment. So according to you i should tell them to have a proper diagnosis. So what if they say that it doesnt need surgery it will go with the eye drops. How would i get a proper opinion. thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.

Then you need to know what you are treating.

If it is allergy, it is going to come back after you stop the drops.

If it is an autoimmune disease, it might or might not come back.

If it is infection, these better be antibiotic drops.

Hope that makes sense.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
according to your opinion shall i just continue with the drops which they prescribed. They prescribed me FML and Patanol and wait till the drops get over for the next few months or shall i consult them again. thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.

Yes

but ask them what is being treated.

They appear to be treating you for allergy.

positive rating please [we are only paid per rating by just answer]

find me anytime

let me know how this goes

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
For the time being i have been only using patanol. FML has been stoped. The patanol drops i only use it 2 times a day
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Doctor just give me an honest opinion is it serious enough that it will effect my eyes completely or it will go in time or does it needs surgery bit worried.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.

I do not think it is serious or long term.

Sounds like they are treating you for allergy.