Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Looking doctor who can provide consult on pigmentary

Customer Question

looking for an doctor who can provide consult on pigmentary glaucoma
JA: OK. The Opthamologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: Have had pigmentary glaucoma since early 20's now late 50s. pressure in right eye is not well controlled, seeing damage to nerve layer, loss of field progressing. No real medications left to try. Had green laser treatment 25 years or so ago, blue (cold) laser in 2008. Need to go back. Not sure if another cold laser will help, not very keen on "bleb" surgery option. Looking to someone who has seen enough similar cases to provide second opinion.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: yesterday. some loss of field in right eye. no issues with normal day to day function. would like to keep it that way!
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: no pigment has been seen in eye for many years. loss of field in right eye only, loss of nerve layer in past thee years from 58 micrometers to 48 as of yesterday. Very myopic since a young (age 6) age progressed rapidly to - 600 by age 10. now at -700 or so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What is your current IOP?

What meds are you on?

Have you had a LPI?

Do you know your cup to disk ratio?

Can you upload a copy of your latest visual field, such as a HVF 30-2?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.