DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have noticed that I have suddenly within the last hour or

Customer Question

I have noticed that I have suddenly within the last hour or so, developed a flashing arc of light in my left eye, which was not there before, no pain, no redness,
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No injury,, it is my bad eye anyway, I sometime s wear galsses its blurred anyway
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.

Hello

This can be a sign of retinal detachment.

I would go get an initial exam now.

Follow up with an opthalmologist.

The ER can rule out stroke or other problems.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/