Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

My eyes have been looking bad lately. I went to the Dr and

Customer Question

My eyes have been looking bad lately. I went to the Dr and said in was conjunctivitis. My eyes don't hurt or feel irritated. They prescribed some really expensive eye drops but it is not getting rid of it. Please help!
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was told I have hepatitis b but it is not active. I have been sick for 6 months after a flu shot. Could any of this have something to do with it?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Dr Stan here to help you. The pictures you sent just appear to be "blood shot" eyes from lack of sleep or overuse, not conjunctivitis, especially since you have no symptoms such as tearing, irritation, scratchiness. How many days did you use the drops? You may also have some sensitivity to the drops themselves making your eye red. You may want to have your liver studies repeated if it has been over 6 months since your last labs. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. A positive rating is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They feel irritated a little sometimes. The Dr flipped my eyelids down and looked at it under a microscope and he said he seen it glistening what ever that means :) Last I had liver test done was 3 months ago and everything was good. Had a hepatitis b viral load which was undetected. My eyes had been like this for about a couple of months and getting worse. I have like a clear film over the white parts of my eyeballs. I would just like to know for sure if it is conjunctivitis or not and how to make them get better :(
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

It may be that you have "dry eyes" which can give you the feeling you describe. The "clear film" appearance is normal. Your vision should be clear and not blurry, if not you need to have your eyes refracted for glasses or contact lenses. If you have not had your eyes examined within the past 2 years, you need to have that done. You can try an over the counter eye drop for moisture. Feel better soon

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, did you make an appointment to have your eyes checked or try the moisturizing eye drops? We are compensated only after you provide a positive rating for our answers. The rating page is active.