Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My knees hurt only when I sit down and stand up and also if

Customer Question

My knees hurt only when I sit down and stand up and also if I go down the stairs, going up the stairs does not hurt. why?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no swelling, nothing at all noticable
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I say my doctor they took a blood test and they said they cannot find anything wrong with me. But I am not making this up, my knees only hurt and I sit down or stand up, but other than that my knees are fine. I can walk with no problem.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No that is it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 4 months ago.

I am happy to help you, but I need more information: Age and gender, how long have your knees been hurting > Have you had any trauma to the knees? Do you any sports? Do you have a physical job? Have you done any strenuous physical activities prior to the onset of the pain?