Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I am 43, and worn contact lenses since I was 13/14. My eyes

Customer Question

Hi, I am 43, and worn contact lenses since I was 13/14. My eyes have always been absolutely fine and with lenses/glasses my vision is perfect. About two months ago for about 5 nights in a row, I had the most intense, distressing and awful migraines to the extent I thought I was having a brain haemorrhage. I have recently been to my optician to get my annual checkup/pick up my new annual lenses. My left eye is pin sharp. When my left eye is covered, my right eye is pin sharp, but the split second I have them open together, my right eye is completely blurred. The result is I am effectively walking around with vision in one eye. I have never suffered with migraines before so not sure whether this is a coincidence or nothing to do with the problem, but the problem seems to have materialised over the last few months. Have you any suggestions please?? I am slightly concerned. Thank you, Niall
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Have you been seen for your migraines?

Has your vision deteriorated after the migraines?

Please let me know.