Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

My son was burned over 95% of s body at age four. He is now

Customer Question

My son was burned over 95% of his body at age four. He is now 16 and when we have any issues we consult the burn team in Galveston. He just recently had a seizure or fainting spell. He was at his sisters and stretching on the floor and just fell over. His sister looked up and he was shaking. She went to him and asked if he was okay. His eyes rolled in the back of his head and he did not respond for a few minutes. Then she got him up to setting and he said he had a headache. He seems fine now. Did he have a focal seizure or just faint due to the lack of oxygen for a short time? Does he need any supplements? It was like he had a small stroke momentarily because one side of his body did not respond. I am a little concerned but can not find a doctor that will take him for a minor episode.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 4 months ago.

It sounds that he had a seizure ...

He needs further evaluation...MRI of brain...EEG.....

These should be reviewed by a neurologist ...

The one side lack of response for a time sounds consistent with a post-ictal symptom( = symptom after a seizure)

When did episode occur ?

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then pplease remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD